To kick off the SolFest weekend, we are putting on the SolFest Gala. SolFest is thrilled to announce Astronaut Clayton Anderson "Astro Clay" as our guest speaker for the SolFest Gala.
There will be live music throughout the night, dinner and a cash bar available for guest!
- Where: Colonial Gardens, Hastings, NE - 3002 N Baltimore Ave, Hastings, NE 68901 - Get directions here.
- When: Doors open at 5:30 PM, with dinner and the event beginning at 6:30 PM.
- Tickets: $75.00 each. They can be purchased online or at Winestyles, The Hastings Chamber of Commerce, and Odyssey.
About the band:
Here is a photo of the Classic Jazz Quartet. We are a group of music professors from Hastings College's Department of Music: Marc LaChance (trombone), Jonathan Sokasits (piano), Byron Jensen (bass) and Phill Parker (drums). Marc is unable to play the SolFest, so we will be joined by Bobby Fuson (alto sax) who is an adjunct professor here at HC, and Tim Farrell (trumpet) who teaches at UNK. Overall, this group has performed gigs and recitals for about 10 years. Our repertoire consists of standards, blues tunes, and some jazz-rock selections.
Other event details:
- The event is semi-formal.
- Parking is available at the venue. The parking lot is located near the venue building.
- The building the gala will be in is located behind the house on the property.
None of this would be possible without the generous support of our sponsors. These sponsors have truly made SolFest a possibility with their support of the Hastings community and we just want to say thank.